Archaeopteryx means “first wing” and is a genus of bird-like dinosaurs that represent the transition between non-avian feathered dinosaurs and modern birds.
Why should you choose Archaeopteryx Birding and Nature Tours?
WE CAN MAKE A CUSTOMIZED TOUR FOR YOU NEARLY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, JUST TELL US WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!
We Offer Many Tour Options!
- Insect Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours
Photography Tours for Birds, Butterflies, Wildlife, and Nature
Orlando, Theme Parks, Central Florida Area Birding Tours
- Customized to YOUR needs
- Single or Multi-day
- Full Day or Half Day Options
- Up to 2 People Included in Price!
- Pick up and Drop off at Orlando/Theme Park Area Hotels
- Water & Light Snack Provided
- eBird Checklists
- Local “Hotspots” include Orlando Wetlands Park, Ocala National Forest, Three Lakes WMA, Merritt Island NWR, Tosohatchee WMA, Lake Apopka North Shore, and Joe Overstreet Landing
South Florida, Gulf Coast, & Panhandle Birding Tours Available
- Contact us for rates
ABA and International Tours
- Individual customized private tours available (contact for rate)
- Organized Tours
- Small group size (1-4 people typical)
- Great guide to participant ratio since Beck and/or Gallus will lead or co-lead all tours.
- Comfortable pace; we are not out to rush from place to place. We want you to see, enjoy, and photograph the birds, butterflies, and other wildlife.
- Limited hotel hopping. We want you to be able to settle in and enjoy your trip not be packing up every morning.
- Limited driving times. We visit areas with a 2 hour drive of our hotel.
- Quality detailed eBird checklists.
More intensive “target birding” tours available for Florida!
Ask about butterfly and photography tours for Florida!
A little about your guides!
Rebecca Smith and Gallus Quigley each bring unique pieces to our tours. Both share backgrounds in biology, bird banding and monitoring, and a love of nature.
Rebecca Smith is the passionate nature lover with great knowledge of not only birds but butterflies, insects, and more. Her photography skills and patience makes her perfect for those wanting to get that perfect photograph while still adding to their life lists or just enjoying photographing Florida’s natural beauty. Her love of all things nature quickly draws you right into the natural wonders that surrounds us.
Gallus Quigley is the lister and birder, he brings the ability to move through a list of desired species efficiently, which is perfect for the lister or twitcher. Those who have a target list and limited time will enjoy his ability to find those species and move on to the next one maximizing the number seen in a single outing. His detailed eBird checklists saves one the need to spend time writing notes and instead they can focus on more birding.
Rebecca and Gallus together balance each other perfectly, each one strengthens and balances the other. Both enjoy birds, butterflies, photography, and travel. No matter who leads your tour you’ll know the other helped in planning the perfect day for you. Each bring a vast knowledge of Florida, not just the birds and butterflies.
With our home base situated only 45 minutes from the major theme parks and one of the only Birding and Nature Tour company in the Orlando area we are the perfect choice for the person who wants to escape the theme parks and get out into the real Florida. Our prices are competitive and we are more than willing to customize the day to meet your needs.
Like us on Facebook Archaeopteryx Birding and Nature Tours
Birding Lake County check us out here too!
More on Florida Birding FAT BIRDER-FLORIDA