Archaeopteryx means “first wing” and is a genus of bird-like dinosaurs that represent the transition between non-avian feathered dinosaurs and modern birds.
“Archaeopteryx Birding & Nature Tours is your one-stop shop for creating lifetime memorable experiences. If you dream it, we can make it reality. Customized tours for birding, butterflies, photography, and all aspects of nature, up to and including big game safaris. Choose an accelerated pace for the serious lister or a slow casual pace for nature lovers and photographers. At your option, mix in relaxing resort stays, cultural/historical sites, winery/brewery tours, backpacking and even pelagic trips offshore. Our mission is to make your travel experience exceptional. Let us partner with you to make it happen.”
WE CAN MAKE A CUSTOMIZED TOUR FOR YOU NEARLY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, JUST TELL US WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!
YES WE ARE FULLY VACCINATED & OPERATING TOURS FOLLOWING LOCAL AND CDC COVID-19 GUIDELINES. CONTACT US FOR DETAILS.
We Offer Florida, ABA, and International Tours!
- Target or Casual Options Available
- Insect Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours
Photography Tours for Birds, Butterflies, Wildlife, and Nature
Casual, Target, or List Based Birding Options
Entomology/Insect Tours Available with Rebecca Smith
Orlando, Theme Parks, Central Florida Area
- Customized to YOUR needs
- Single or Multi-day
- Full Day or Half Day Options
- Up to 2 People Included in Price for Day Tours!
- $25.00 for additional person
- More than 3 people please call for rates
- Pick up and Drop off at Orlando/Theme Park Area Hotels
- Water & Light Snack Provided
- eBird Checklists
- Local “Hotspots” include Orlando Wetlands Park, Ocala National Forest, Three Lakes WMA, Merritt Island NWR, Tosohatchee WMA, Lake Apopka North Shore, and Joe Overstreet Landing
South Florida, Gulf Coast, & Panhandle Birding Tours Available
- Contact us for rates
ABA and International Tours
- Individual customized private tours available (contact for rate)
- Organized Tours
- Small group size (1-4 people typical)
- Great guide to participant ratio since Beck and/or Gallus will lead or co-lead all tours.
- Comfortable pace; we are not out to rush from place to place. We want you to see, enjoy, and photograph the birds, butterflies, and other wildlife.
- Limited hotel hopping. We want you to be able to settle in and enjoy your trip not be packing up every morning.
- Limited driving times. We visit areas with a 2 hour drive of our hotel.
- Quality detailed eBird checklists.
Cruise Base Tours
- Birding at each Port of Call
Our ABA and International Multi-day Tours may also include
- Spa Resorts When Available
Limited Hotel Hopping
Wineries and/or Breweries
Hiking & Backpacking
Like us on Facebook Archaeopteryx Birding and Nature Tours
Birding Lake County check us out here too!
More on Florida Birding FAT BIRDER-FLORIDA